I was laid off at the beginning of July.
This was me a month ago:
I’m reading! For pleasure! I mean, I’m reading the heck out of stuff! I’m getting caught up on my monthly magazines, on newspapers, online comics, blogs, monthly manga…. I finished a novel I’ve been working on for a year! I’ve been to the library! I’ve borrowed a variety of magazines from a friend (she has excellent taste). I’ve been passionate about reading since I learned how. It’s a joy to finally spend so much time as an adult with the written word. When I was younger, a steady supply of fiction books kept me satisfied. Now there is so much subject matter across such a wide variety of media! I could read my whole life and never learn enough.
Now, this was me a week ago:
I'm so bored. I'm bored, but at the same time, I don't feel like doing anything. It's not a nice feeling. I'm losing sense of time, and as a result, I'm forgetful. I forget to return phone calls. A day or two may go by before I remember that I need to do laundry or dishes. It's like my brain has shut down. I still have some things to do, like swimming, Pilates, and now band, but my days are still filled with close-to-my-face activities. I job hunt on the computer, taking breaks to read, knit, or sew. I should get out and walk, or go to MOBOT, but it has been so hot. It would be helpful if I had a daily routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment